The benefits of choosing home-based childcare for your child
Home-based childcare and education is the fastest growing type of early childcare education offered in New Zealand.
For children to learn and grow and rise to their full potential, they need to feel safe and secure with a strong sense of belonging.
Home-based childcare helps form strong bonds and works well for many of our families across New Zealand. Parents feel supported knowing their children are cared for in a nuturing environment and are provided with all of the benefits of a traditional childcare, in a home-based environment.
Top ten benefits :
- Your child is able to build a secure attachment with one person based on the 1:4 ratio.
- Learning is catered to your child’s needs due to the small group ratios, rather than trying to meet the needs of a large group of children.
- Your child’s individual interests and strengths can be closely followed based on small group sizes.
- Your child’s usual home routine can be followed, such as their sleep and meal times.
- Part-time or full-time care available. There is a greater flexibility in the hours of care to help accommodate your needs – this may be particularly helpful for shift workers or people with particularly early or late starts.
- Home-based childcare works well for mixed-aged families, as your baby and older child can be cared for together.
- After school care – if you have an under five and an over five, your caregiver could also care for your school-aged before and/or after school.
- Your child can enjoy everyday childhood experiences like going out for spontaneous walks and outings, baking, collecting the mail, hanging out washing etc.
- Your little one is able to socialise and interact with the community and go to swimming lessons, music groups, playgroups or sports during the week.
- You can choose an Educator that speaks your home language to your child or is of your own faith to follow on with your beliefs.
About Education Angels
Education Angels are proud to be a leading provider of home-based childcare and early education across New Zealand. Our aim is to find the most suitable Educator for parents/guardians and their children and to provide a safe, caring and nurturing learning environment for children aged 0-5 years.
To find out more about our home-based childcare service, or to connect with an Educator in your area, please contact our friendly team.